BECCA Cosmetics is a newer brand (at least to me) but they have hands down my favorite pressed highlighter formula. The first one I tried was Opal and then, when Jaclyn Hill did her collaboration with them to make Champagne Pop, I of course bought it the first day it was available on Sephora.com. They are similar in color so I don’t think you need to have both (I am just obsessed) especially since they are a tad expensive, being a higher end product. I wanted to do a comparisonso you can make an informed choice and decide which is best for you. Let the battle begin…
I purchased Opal and immediately fell in love. It is so smooth and the color pay off is a dream. It doesn’t have large chunks of glitter but just the right amount of shimmer to it. When I got it the only color choices BECCA had was Opal or Moonstone, a lighter cream color toned highlight. I already had the Mary Louminizer by the Balm, which I feel is a lighter tone so I wanted to get the darker Opal for variation. It was the only highlighter I used for the longest time.
It is no secret, nor should it come as a surprise, that I bought this for no other reason than because Jaclyn Hill made it. I love the name and the formulation is the same as Opal, extremely smooth and blendable. The color is very similar to Opal but a tad lighter. Champagne pop has a more yellow tone to it whereas Opal has a gold hue.
& the winner is…
It is with a slightly heavy heart that I say I prefer Opal as my highlighter of choice (pause for gasps). Though I still love Champagne Pop, I think Opal compliments my skin tone best and lays better on the face. Champagne Pop is a limited edition but is still available and can be purchased here. Opal is a part of their regular collection and can be purchased anywhere BECCA is sold and online. As much as I heart Champagne Pop and Jaclyn, Opal is my ride or die highlighter. Whichever you like better, props to you BECCA for making a stellar product all around!
So what’s your favorite highlighter right now? Leave it in the comments below!
Love you_Mean it♥
*Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with the brands or companies mentioned. These products were purchased with my own money and the thoughts and opinions stated are my own.
Hello my lovies, It’s August and it is hot, so I’ve put together my summer makeup go-tos to help battle the heat:
1. L’Oreal True Match Foundation– This is the first liquid foundation I ever tried. I used to be scared of liquid, so I stuck with my Bare Minerals powder. But once I bought my Sigma F80 foundation brush, I was all about the liquid. L’Oreal has a ton of colors to choose from and it offers a medium-full coverage that is buildable.
2. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer– I will admit, I only bought this because Jaclyn Hill said she loved it. But once I tried it, I was hooked. It is exactly how the name describes it. It is truly weightless, I don’t feel like I am even putting anything on my face. It also is full coverage and it doesn’t crease. A lot of times I don’t even set it with a powder. The only thing is I wish they had a bigger color selection. I had to get the lightest color (Fair Neutral) because the next color option was darker than my foundation. The Fair Neutral works, I just have to balance it out by putting it on my forehead and chin as well.
3. Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzer– I really like cream bronzers for summer time, it gives your face that healthy sun-kissed glow. I do set this with my Hoola powder at times just in case, but it still works. This is a tad on the pricier side for bronzers (I mean it is Chanel) but I had been wanting it forever and finally when I was shopping in Chicago I just had to grab it. But I did use a gift card! 🙂
4. Becca & Jaclyn Hill’s Champagne Pop Highlighter– You already know I bought this highlighter as soon as it became available on Sephora.com. I love Becca’s Opal highlighter and Jaclyn helped create this one so it was a done deal. (This is Limited Edition and selling out FAST) I will have a more in-depth review of this in an upcoming post.
5. Covergirl Super Sizer Lash Blast Mascara– When I opened this and saw the wand was thin and tiny I was so upset because I like mine to be wider and fluffy, but once I swiped it through my lashes I was pleasantly surprised with the results. It creates great volume and the small wand allows you to get every lash.
That’s all, stay cool! Fall is just around the corner and I cannot wait! (Don’t kill me…)
Hi, it’s Michelle! This is my first post on my very on domain, yay! I am so happy to finally be here on Word Press. I’m coming over from Blogger and I will be posting some of my old content from over there; so if you didn’t get to see it there you will be able to here. I came to Word Press to get more control over my blog and to make it more “official” if you will…
I want to become even more serious about blogging. I will be posting every Sunday, so make sure you check here then. I’ll be updating/customizing the theme and background for a while so be patient and I promise it will be spectacular in the end.
I am a firm believer that Starbucks coffee and a good lipstick can get a girl through anything. So if you are into makeup and beauty products, or if you just want to see someone else go through life without any idea of what they are doing then come along on the journey with me!